The Estonian Government offers a number of scholarships intended for university students, researchers or lecturers for studying and doing research at Estonian public universities and institutions!
The grant for a six-month stay is worth an estimated 4000 € (excluding travel grant).
The scholarships cover research and study visits of 1-10 months by international PhD students to Estonian universities regardless of the subject area.
- reside in a country other than Estonia
- be enrolled in a doctoral programme at an educational institution recognized by that country’s authorities
- not be enrolled as a student in a higher education institution in Estonia when the application is submitted
- stay in Estonia during the period for which the scholarship has been granted
Each eligible student will receive:
- a monthly grant of 383 € (the exact amount is 383,47 €) for the duration of the student’s stay at the university
- a fixed travel grant for one return trip from the student’s place of residence to Estonia
- an additional grant to cover the cost of health insurance for the period spent in Estonia, and the stamp duty on the residence permit
- a mobility allowance of 255 € (the exact amount is 255,65 €) per month for each month spent in Estonia that covers only the following costs, which must be fully documented:
- additional fixed travel grant to cover additional trips home during the academic year;
- rent, covering temporary accommodation in hostels and hotels, and rent;
- relocation expenses, such as excess baggage charges or international cargo charges.
For detailed information on eligibility requirements, deadlines and application, also visit their homepage!