Hector Research Career Development Award for W1 Assistant Professors and Junior Research Group Leaders: Apply now!
Do you hold a W1 assistant professorship (with or without Tenure Track) or are you an ambitious leader of a junior research group (e.g., Emmy Noether, ERC Starting Grant, or similar)? Are you working in the natural or engineering sciences, medicine or psychology? Are you aiming for obtaining a full professorship or habilitation?
Apply now for the Hector Research Career Development (RCD) Award! With the Hector RCD Award, the Hector Fellow Academy supports the research careers of promising research group leaders. The Award gives you the unique opportunity to benefit from research funding for an outstanding research project. In addition, you will become part of a network of top scientists including the laureates of the Hector Science Award. The Hector Fellow Academy is committed to top interdisciplinary research, innovative projects, dialogue between science and society and the promotion of young researchers.
Extent of Funding
The Hector RCD Award is given annually to 3-5 scientists; at least 50% of the Awards each year will be given to female scientists.
- One-time 25,000 € flexible personal research funds
- Funding of 1 doctoral position (according DFG funding scheme) and material expenses in the HFA for 3years (9,500 €/a)
- Membership in the HFA for 5 years with opportunity to apply for selected funding formats
- W1 assistant professor (with or without Tenure Track) or junior research group leader in the natural orengineering sciences, medicine or psychology
- Doctorate or PhD-equivalent with outstanding results & completion less than 7 years ago
- Employment at a German university or research institution supporting the application
- Content-related or formal authorization to supervise doctoral researchers
Application period: September 1st – October 30, 2021