Eight Doctoral Scholarships at the Bavarian Research Center for Interreligious Discourses (BaFID)
The Hanns-Seidel-Foundation has provided the Bavarian Research Center for Interreligious Discourses (BaFID) at FAU with eight doctoral scholarships whose term will begin on 1 October 2022. The doctoral candidates may pursue a doctorate in a subject relevant to BaFID (such as Philosophy, Theology, Islamic Studies, Jewish Studies, Religious Studies, History of Religion, Religious Pedagogy, as well as other disciplines within the humanities and social sciences) at the FAU or at a university of their choice. During the period of the doctoral fellowship, they work at the BaFID, where they will acquire additional formally recognized qualifications in the field of interreligious discourses. Doctoral students will benefit from BaFID’s projects, conferences, workshops, research colloquia and other projects, while interacting with senior scholars also conducting their interdisciplinary research at the Center. Therefore, it is desirable that the scholarship holders are on site in Erlangen. Additionally, the fellows will participate in a doctoral conference of the Hanns-Seidel-Foundation, along with other events put on by the foundation.
- Master’s degree or diploma with above-average grades,
- an academic project that is expected to make an important contribution to the study of interreligious discourses between Judaism, Christianity and Islam,
- evidence of social and/or political engagement,
- an open-mind as it pertains to the major religious and political questions of the day,
- involvement at BaFID at least two working days a week.
Excluded from funding are persons who
- have reached the age limit of 32,
- are either supported for the same purpose from other funds or have already been supported from public funds in the amount of the maximum funding offered during the fellowship period.
Please submit your application by 15 June 2022 as PDF by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Georges Tamer: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Bavarian Research Center for Interreligious Discourses
Prof. Dr. Georges Tamer
Adequate applicants with knowledge of German from Ukraine will be given preference in case
of equal qualifications