A Research Award for German-Israeli Cooperation Funded by the Federal German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) and administered by Minerva
The purpose of ARCHES (Award for Research Cooperation and High Excellence in Science) is to recognise and reward outstanding contributions to research as well as to strengthen German-Israeli scientific collaboration. ARCHES is awarded to three research teams from the research sections
- Chemistry, Physics, Technology and Mathematics
- Life Sciences – Studies in all Areas of Biology and Preclinical Medicine
- Humanities, Cultural Sciences, Sociology, Political Sciences, Economics and Law
each. Research teams should be composed of a Principal Investigator from Germany and a Principal Investigator from Israel who must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Principal Investigators must have completed their doctorate no earlier than in 2008.
- The PIs are already internationally recognized in their field.
The principal criteria to be used as a basis of selection for the award are scientific excellence of the candidates and the quality of the proposed research project. Decisions will be made by the end of October 2018 and the awardees will be informed forthwith. Nominations can be handed in up until 20th June 2018. The necessary form for nominations as well as the full programme information flyer can be found on the Minerva website.